** THE WACDTF ANNUAL MEETING AND STEERING COMMITTEE MEETING ARE COMING UP! **
WHEN: Thursday, June 2, 2022 from 7 – 9 pm
WHERE: Virtual – The link will be emailed to you one (1) day before the meeting and after you confirm your RSVP.
RSVPs are now required. We will only use your personal information from the RSVP form as part of the registration process for the annual meeting. Skip to the RSVP form below.
The annual meeting is a great place to connect with other WACDTF volunteers and learn about volunteer opportunities that don’t involve frozen feet. It will include elections, updates on clinic defense news and other aspects of WACDTF’s work, and votes on any major issues that arise.
WACDTF members will elect Steering Committee members at the annual meeting. The Steering Committee will then have a meeting at which it elects WACDTF’s officers and appoints committee coordinators by consensus.
The annual meeting and the Steering Committee meeting that follows are open to everyone, but only WACDTF members may vote for members of the Steering Committee. You’re a WACDTF member if you’ve signed the WACDTF Goals & Guidelines (this includes anyone who has escorted or attended an escort training).
Please complete the Goals & Guidelines if you aren’t sure you have completed one before. You must complete and sign the Goals and Guidelines no later than Monday, May 30, 2022 in order to cast a vote at the annual meeting.
RSVPs are required. To RSVP for the annual meeting, please fill out this form.
Volunteer and Vote:
We encourage all WACDTF members to volunteer or nominate another person to volunteer for the Steering Committee or any position below. We welcome new volunteers for all positions!
If you wish to volunteer or make a nomination ahead of time, please send an email to [email protected] by Sunday, May 29, 2022. We will also accept nominations and volunteers at the meeting or by proxy.
Elected and Appointed Positions:
The positions that will be filled at the Steering Committee meeting include:
Elected Officers (who are also Steering Committee members):
- President: Appears on various documents related to our nonprofit corporate status.
- Secretary: Makes sure records are kept and handles some official correspondence.
- Treasurer: Handles our bank account and makes sure that our books are in order.
- Organizers: (3 positions, may serve in the above roles as well): Our bylaws say they “shall ensure the smooth operations” of the Steering Committee.
WACDTF also has volunteer committees responsible for organizing particular areas of our work. These committees have included:
- Training: arranges escort trainings and other trainings
- Outreach: organizes recruitment of new members
- Clinic liaison: reminds clinics of how WACDTF can help them
- Website: creates and updates our website
- Social Media: keeps our Twitter and Facebook presence current
- Administrative: keeps track of our membership database
Proxy Voting for Elections:
If you cannot attend the annual meeting, we encourage you to email a proxy form (PDF) to [email protected] to help ensure a quorum and allow the person you designate to vote for the members of the Steering Committee in your absence. Proxy forms must be received by Sunday, May 29, 2022. Proxies apply only to the Steering Committee election, not to other agenda items.
We also welcome your comments by email to [email protected]. Comments must be received by Monday, May 30, 2022. All written comments we receive will be shared at the meeting.