** THE WACDTF ANNUAL MEETING AND STEERING COMMITTEE MEETING ARE COMING UP! **
WHEN: Sunday, March 17, 2019, from 2 – 4 p.m.
WHERE: Cleveland Park Library, First Floor Meeting Room
3310 Connecticut Ave NW
Washington, DC 20008
Closest Metro station: Cleveland Park (Red Line) 0.1 mile walk
For more directions, see https://www.dclibrary.org/clevelandpark
RSVPs requested but not required. Skip to the RSVP form below.
The annual meeting is a great place to connect with other WACDTF volunteers and learn about volunteer opportunities that don’t involve frozen feet. It will include elections, updates on clinic defense news and other aspects of WACDTF’s work, and votes on any major issues that arise.
WACDTF members will elect Steering Committee members at the annual meeting. The Steering Committee will then have a meeting at which it elects WACDTF’s officers and appoints committee coordinators by consensus.
The annual meeting and the Steering Committee meeting that follows are open to everyone, but only WACDTF members may vote for members of the Steering Committee. You’re a WACDTF member if you’ve signed the WACDTF Goals & Guidelines (this includes anyone who has escorted or attended an escort training). We’ll have copies of the Goals & Guidelines for you to sign if you aren’t sure.
We encourage all WACDTF members to volunteer for, or nominate another person for, the Steering Committee or any appointed position. A list of positions is below. We welcome new volunteers for all positions!
If you wish to volunteer or make a nomination ahead of time, please call 202-681-6577 or send an email to [email protected] by Wednesday, March 13. We will also accept nominations and volunteers at the meeting or by proxy.
If you cannot attend the annual meeting, we encourage you to mail or fax us a proxy form (PDF) to help ensure a quorum and allow the person you designate to vote for the members of the Steering Committee in your absence. Proxy forms should be sent no later than Monday, March 11. Proxies apply only to the Steering Committee election, not to other agenda items.
We also welcome your comments by email to [email protected] or mail to WACDTF, P.O. Box 21796, Washington, DC 20009. Please mail comments by Monday, March 11. All written comments we receive will be shared at the meeting.
Elected and Appointed Positions: The positions that will be be filled at the Steering Committee meeting include:
Elected Officers (who are also Steering Committee members):
- President: Appears on various documents related to our nonprofit corporate status.
- Secretary: Makes sure records are kept and handles some official correspondence. Treasurer: Handles our bank account and makes sure that our books are in order.
- Organizers (3 positions, may serve in the above roles as well): Our bylaws say they “shall ensure the smooth operations” of the Steering Committee.
WACDTF also has volunteer committees responsible for organizing particular areas of our work. These committees have included:
- Training: arranges escort trainings and other trainings
- Outreach: organizes recruitment of new members
- Clinic liaison: reminds clinics of how WACDTF can help them
- Website: creates and updates our website
- Social Media: keeps our Twitter and Facebook presence current
- Administrative: keeps track of our membership database