* ANNUAL MEETING *
** SAVE THE DATE FOR OUR 2018 WACDTF ANNUAL MEETING! **
Saturday, March 31, 2018
Northeast Neighborhood Library
330 7th St. NE
Washington, D.C. 20002
Metro: Union Station (Red Line) 0.7 mile walk
For directions, see http://www.dclibrary.org/northeast
The annual meeting is a great place to connect with volunteer opportunities that don’t involve frozen feet. It will include Steering Committee elections, clinic defense news updates, updates on other aspects of WACDTF’s work, and votes on any major issues that arise.
The annual meeting and the Steering Committee meeting that follows are open to everyone, but only WACDTF members may vote for members of the Steering Committee. You’re a member if you’ve signed the WACDTF Goals & Guidelines (this includes anyone who has escorted or attended an escort training). We’ll have copies of the Goals & Guidelines for you to sign if you aren’t sure.
WACDTF members will elect Steering Committee members at the annual meeting. The Steering Committee will then have a meeting at which it elects WACDTF’s officers and appoints committee coordinators by consensus.
We encourage all WACDTF members to volunteer or nominate another person for the Steering Committee or any appointed position. A list of positions is below. We welcome new volunteers for all positions!
If you wish to volunteer or make a nomination ahead of time, please call 202-681-6577 or send an email to email@example.com ASAP. We will also accept nominations and volunteers at the meeting or by proxy.If you cannot attend we encourage you to mail or FAX a proxy form (PDF) to to designate a proxy for you to help ensure a quorum and vote for elected positions on your behalf. and allow the person you designate to vote for the members of the Steering Committee in your absence. Proxy forms should be sent no later than Wednesday, March 28 to ensure they will be received. Proxies apply only to the Steering Committee election, not to other agenda items.
We welcome your comments by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to WACDTF, P.O. Box 21796, Washington, DC 20009. Please mail comments by Wednesday, March 26. All written comments we receive will be shared at the meeting.
Elected and Appointed Positions: The positions that will be be filled at the Steering Committee meeting include:
Elected Officers (who are also Steering Committee members):
- President: Appears on various documents related to our nonprofit corporate status.
- Secretary: Makes sure records are kept and handles some official correspondence. Treasurer: Handles our bank account and makes sure that our books are in order.
- Organizers (3 positions, may serve in the above roles as well): Our bylaws say they “shall ensure the smooth operations” of the Steering Committee.
WACDTF also has volunteer committees responsible for organizing particular areas of our work. These committees have included:
- Training: arranges escort trainings and other trainings
- Outreach: organizes recruitment of new members
- Clinic liaison: reminds clinics of how WACDTF can help them
- Website: creates and updates our website
- Social Media: keeps our Twitter and Facebook presence current
- Administrative: keeps track of our membership database